By GabbyParts I & II can be found here.
Carrying, Driving, Staying
- Once I land, I will be renting a car and taking an extended drive to my destination. I am fortunate enough to be staying at a private residence where I know guns will be welcomed. I have checked that the destination state accepts my concealed carry permit using the link below.
- I think it would be smart to wait until I have left the airport and am actually in my rental car, before I dig through my luggage. Also, I am studying up, because while GA allows special privileges, like open carry, my destination state has different rules for it's permit holders. I will not be able to carry as if I were in my home state. Remember, ignorance toward the laws of a state I am visiting, will not keep me from being prosecuted, if I violating them.
- Mapquest Baby! Actually, I will attempt to include a few magazines worth, of defensive rounds (in the manufacturer's box) in my luggage. However, for practice rounds, I will predetermine a Walmart or similar that is along the drive and program it into my gps.
- On my IPad I will save the following PDFs:
- receipt from the purchase of my gun
- a scan of my GA carry permit
- the TSA's rules regarding flying a weapon
- my airline's rules regarding flying a weapon
- the gun laws of my destination state
- the gun laws of GA
This is my plan and I believe it to be thorough, but I will let you know how things go, upon my return!
ArmedCandy also Recommends: